Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My icemaker is frozen on a model ED25HN01. How do I get the

Customer Question

My icemaker is frozen on a model ED25HN01. How do I get the ice our of the unit so it can start back?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: The prongs that lift out the ice are standing up and not under the ice. The unit did have ice on the back until I broke the ice off. Now the line is full of ice and I don't know how to unthaw the line or get the lifts back under the ice.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I Can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

All you should need to do is use a hair dryer and thaw out any ice as well as the ice in the fill tube going to the icemaker. You can pull the refrigerator forward and disconnect the water line that goes up to the icemaker down at the valve below the refrigerator and blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. Once everything has thawed out and is clear, just let the unit cool down and once the icemaker gets below 10ºF (usually take 12 hours or so) the icemaker should start to cycle and refill on it's own. If not then the icemaker failed when it jammed up and the icemaker will need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?