Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Dishwasher DWU7402AAM Trying to clean but cannot lift pump

Customer Question

Dishwasher DWU7402AAM Trying to clean but cannot lift pump housing off. Comes up about 1/4 inch only.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

So the part you need to clean is usually the filter inside the pump. This part tends to get clogged up and you can clean it by soaking it in white vinegar and hot water. Give it about 15 minutes to soak and then clean it off with a toothbrush. Below is a video on how to remove the filter and take your pump apart since you seem to be having difficulty removing the top of the sump. If it sticks, keep in mind that this unit is getting fairly old so a lot of hard water deposits and build up will prevent parts from just pulling off easily so you may have to pry a bit.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?