Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have an AMANA gas range, mdl ARG7303, S/N 0003315513. When

Customer Question

I have an AMANA gas range, mdl ARG7303, S/N(###) ###-#### When lighting the oven, there is a 5 minute or so delay at which time I hear a WHOOOM sound as it finally lights. My wife said the the other day it never did light after 15 minutes and shut it off. She said there wasn't a smell of gas, either. The next night I slammed the door a few times and rattled the heating element inside the oven near the broiler burner with my fist, and closed the door. After 2-3 minutes, it went WHOOM again and heated up. Something is obviously wrong. I could use some advise. thank you. Don
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 15 years Mdl ARG7303WWW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'd like to depending on how technical it gets
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 18 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

This is a common issue you will need to replace the ignitor on the unit. Here is a link to the part and a video to help you install it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!