Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

PACW12CO we just purchased and want to use it as a stand

Customer Question

PACW12CO we just purchased and want to use it as a stand alone without venting is this possible
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 30 minutes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it is a simple question on whether this appliance can be used without the exhaust tube [as a stand alone one room air conditioner]
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance in question?
Customer: A rolling model with 6 sense and it heats or cool and dehumidifies as required. model PACW12CO
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We purchased this to cool my wife's bedroom
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

Unfortunately if you plan to use the unit on the AC function you MUST have venting. If you use it as a dehumidifier or a heating unit, you don't need vent. Without venting, the machine will actually blow out more hot air out the vent port than it does cold air out the cooling ports so it would heat up your house slowly instead of cool it down.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.