Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

In, I have a GU1200XTKBO with a blinking" normal cycle

Customer Question

Hello, in
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Hello, I have a GU1200XTKBO with a blinking " normal cycle light.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes and have replaced the inline fuse and control board
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No but if you have a question just ask
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

The blinking normal light is actually an error code for this dishwasher and it means that the dishwasher thinks the normal button was pressed and held for more than 17 seconds. Try to unplug the dishwasher or flip the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes and heat up the touchpad with a hair dryer. Rub your thumb over the normal button to try to unstick it if it happens to be stuck. Let the touchpad cool and then re-apply power. If the issue comes back, you need to replace the touch control panel I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model number. The part has been discontinued so the only place I see you can buy it currently is Ebay.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, Tyler so I wanted you to know that I ordered a new keypad from the site to hopefully correct. I would also please cancel my subscription to the service as I don't have any other questions or issues.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Ok sounds good. I can send the option to cancel your subscription once you have rated this question
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.