Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag Dryer MDE5500AYW and need control panel

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Dryer MDE5500AYW and need control panel PS20336598 which is reported as "unavailable" - is there an alternative I could use?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I believe it is 11 years old but was wrking perfectly till last week.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if it is easy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Part diagnosed as faulty by Field Appliances technician
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

So first, the part number you need for the control panel are either 33002536 (for serial numbers start with 10-68) or 22004444 (for serial numbers starting with 69 and above). You'll need the first 2 digits of your serial number to see which one you need and then you can order the part in the link below. PS20336598 is not a manufacture part number.

CLICK HERE for serial number 10-68

CLICK HERE for serial number 69+

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?