Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE Monogram zmc1095sf001 microwave which stopped

Customer Question

I have a GE Monogram zmc1095sf001 microwave which stopped heating today. It has done so in the past but at that time it made a buzzing noise which seemed to be a common problem. I replaced the magnetron and diode and it worked fine for two years since then. This morning, it stopped heating again, though this time it looks and sounds just fine. The timer works, lights, etc, but it doesn't heat.
Any idea what i can check now? The door closes fine as well.
Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the unit still sounds like it's working, you need a new magnetron again. Unfortunately this unit is fairly well known for magnetrons going out so every couple of years I would expect the magnetron will need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. In the past the buzzing noise occurred because it took out the diode as well, but this time it should just be the magnetron.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?