Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Samsung Moisture Sensor dryer that won't start. All

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Moisture Sensor dryer that won't start. All the lights work but when I press start, nothing happens
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Less than 4 months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's an easy fix I will
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The model number is *****
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Try to unplug the dryer for 5 minutes to start, other than that the unit is only 4 months old so if the dryer won't start but you can change the different settings on the control panel, I'd call warranty. The things that can cause this condition would be a broken belt or a faulty thermostat/fuse on the vent below the drum and the entire dryer will need to be taken apart to access the part so it can be replaced. Since the unit is only 4 months old, everything is still covered under warranty.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 22 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?