Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My washer will not turn on. I cut the power of at the

Customer Question

my washer will not turn on. I cut the power of at the breaker box and when I turn it back on I get F1 then E1 what wrong
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: duet mode wfw9151 I thank
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the washer is less then 3 year old and it a front load
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

F1 E1 is a very straight forward error and unfortunately it means your main control board mounted to the right side wall under the top panel has failed. You'll need to unplug the washer, remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Once you have removed the top panel you can access the main control board mounted in the front right corner to the right side wall. You will need to replace this control board to fix your washer and it costs about $200-250.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?