The display has six switches starting from the left it is numbered #1 the far right is #6, so from left to right you have #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 .
So lets press the switch #1 far left and the switch #2 both at the same time service test #1 should come up ,then press #5 pad until you advance the unit into test #6
This will test the defrost heater and the defrost biametal if they are good it will show a 01 if they are bad/open it will show a 02.
After that test advance the testing to service test #7 this will bring the defrost mode on as long as test #6 showed 01.
If you do not get a 01 in test #6 let me know.
But if you did get a 01 and in test #7 the heater should come one and defrost the ice if it does not please let me know also.
To ENTER SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS Mode: Press SW1 and SW2 simultaneously for 3 seconds.
Release both buttons when you hear the CHIME indicator.
Unit must not be in Lockout prior to entering SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC MODE.
The display will show 01 to indicate the control is in step 1 of the diagnostics routine.
To EXIT SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS Mode: do one of the following 3 options:
• Press SW1 and SW2 simultaneously for 3 seconds.
• Disconnect the product from power.
• Allow 20 minutes to pass. Following the exit of the diagnostic mode, the controls will then resume normal operation.
Cooling diagnostics are steps 1 through 7 .
Each step must be manually advanced. Press SW5 to move to the next step in the sequence. Press SW4 to back up in the sequence to the previous step.
Diagnostics will begin at Step 1. Each step is displayed in the two digits of the dispenser user interface display. The step results are displayed in the two digits on dispenser user interface display 2 seconds after the step number is *****
An amber order filter light will be shown to designate that the step number is ***** displayed and a red replace filter light will be shown to designate that the status of the step is being displayed. All button and pad inputs shall be ignored and all inputs shall be off except as described in the actions for each step.
Service Test - 1 FC thermistor • The board will check the resistance value of the thermistor and display flashes results on the Temp Display. (01 = Pass, 02 = Open, 03 = Short)
Service Test - 2 RC thermistor
• The board will check the resistance value of the thermistor and display the results on the Temp Display (01 = Pass, 02 = Open, 03 = Short)
Service Test - 3 Evaporator fan motor and air baffle motor
• Control the RC & FC Evaporator Fan Mtrs. by depressing SW3 (01= Both Fan Mtr. off. 02 =FC Fan on.)
• Depress SW3 once to advance. Step 3 will flash quickly and advances to steps 13/23 very quickly. The result is RC Fan on, Pantry Air Damper on. Pantry Air Damper will open and close automatically. (13= Damper Open. 23= Damper Closed). Verify air flow inside pantry on left hand side when damper is open, (13 displayed). Air flow in pantry will cease when 23 is displayed). • Depress SW3 to advance to last step. (04 = Both RC & FC fans on).
Service Test - 4 Compressor/ condenser fan motor/evaporator fan
• There will be a delay of 3 seconds before start of sub step 01. Each step is timed and be automatically proceed tho the next step. User will not be allowed to exit step. If exit is attempted, an invalid chime will be produced.
• Control the Sealed System loads selecting SW3 (01 = Initialize Dual Evap Valve in home position (4min), 02 = Close both RC&FC Evap Valve (1min), 03 = Turn compressor ON (1min), 04 = Keep compressor ON, drive the valve to RC position & turn RC fan ON, 05 = Keep compressor ON, drive the valve to FC position & turn FC fan ON. Verify air flow from the evaporator fan. Note: Advance quickly through step 4 to keep from locking in. Once locked in you can’t exit, must wait wait ten minutes approximately.
Service Test - 5 Compressor Status / Speed
• Initial Display 02 = Minimum speed
• Depress SW3. Display = 03. Compressor Ramps up to Max speed. When Max speed reached, 01 displayed.
• Depress SW3. Display = 04 Speed ramps down from Max to minimum speed. Display = 02
Service Test - 6 Defrost heater/Bi-metal
• Note: if bi-metal is open, it will need to be by-passed for heater to operate. Heater should be on. Display will be blank until a valid reading is displayed. (01 = Bi-metal closed, 02 = Bi-metal open)
Service Test - 7 Defrost mode Selection
• The defrost mode can be set by using SW3. In ADC Mode the product will automatically defrost after a minimum of 8 hours of compressor runtime up to maximum of 96 hours of compressor runtime, depending upon product usage. In Basic Mode the product will automatically defrost after 8 hours of compressor runtime. (01 = ADC ON, 02 = Basic Mode ON 8 hour timer.)