John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Bosch dishwasher Trying to replace drain pump but it seems

Customer Question

Bosch dishwasher
Trying to replace drain pump but it seems wedged in between plastic bottom.
Model number is ***** from side of door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Is there any part of the model tag intact on the right side of the inner door panel at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No but it's the new style pump motor pictured that's facing the front in the last picture I sent. Here's a picture of the pump motor
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They ensribed the info to the top of the door
Shv7er53uc/50
Fd9212
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Excellent! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The base plate needs to come off, see the attached pictures. Has that been removed?

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Do you have the door off and that top plate removed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Like in the picture included there's no base plate in this model. It's one solid plastic base.
It looks like either have to take the base off completely or pull the sump out
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There doesnt look like there's an easy way to remove the base like the old Bosch dishwashers.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Does it look like the attached picture?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

See the attached page.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But it looks like the base is not easy to remove. Please check attached pictures
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

That is totally different from the model you posted. The base is not the same in the model lookup so I am not sure. I will place your question back to the list as I have not had the base off one of that style.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Looks like Bosch cheaped out on the design and its ten times more difficult than necessary to repair
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** it is possible to get the pump out once you have unlatched it from the sump assembly. Its a case of unlatching it and then very carefully opening out the side where you have clearance and sliding it sideways. The impeller on this pump is very shallow and does not generally get hung up. Your problem is actually getting the new one in place if needed whilst trying to keep the 'O ring seal in place. It is a fiddle but it is doable - Ian