Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Samsung RB215LABP Freezer coils freezing up. Have thawed out

Customer Question

Samsung RB215LABP Freezer coils freezing up. Have thawed out once and it must be frozen again because the freezer won't go below 12 degrees like last time. Should I pitch it?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

If the freezer has stopped cooling, I would remove the back panel inside the freezer and confirm they have frozen up again. If they coils are packed with frost, then thaw out all the frost with a hair dryer. If you have a multimeter you can test the defrost heater that runs along the bottom of the silver coils for continuity. If the heater does not have continuity then replace it. If the heater has continuity (which most likely it will) then replace your defrost sensor which is clipped onto the top of the silver coils. The defrost sensors are part number DA47-00095E and DA32-00011E. They are both clipped onto the top of the silver coils and you'll want to order them and replace them at the same time so that your defrost issue doesn't come back again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 16 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

That unit is not very reliable and often will keep having that issue, so I would say to sell it on Craigslist and get a new one if you want something to be more reliable.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

If you fix it correctly there should be no defrost issue in the future.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?