Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Lock/Unlock light is on and washer will not work. Just got

Customer Question

Lock/Unlock light is on and washer will not work. Just got back from trip I need it to work. I have pressed the button lock/unlock and it starts blinking but it stops and just stays lit. I have tried pressing the power button at the same time and I have tried pressing the pause/cancel button at the same time and nothing changes. The loading door can open and close. Monette Wood. Machine was purchased in 2013 model WFW9550WW10. Type 199-02
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

All you should need to do is press and HOLD the lock button for 5 seconds. If that doesn't remove the control lock then unplug the washer for 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't work, the front interface control board has failed and would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?