Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

My refrigerator model is PSC23MGMBWW, and it stop to work

Customer Question

My refrigerator model is PSC23MGMBWW, and it stop to work since last night. Fans are on, just no cooling on both freezer and fridge. I need help and tell me how to get help on this urgent fix?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 23 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Usually that means the compressor is not running. You can pull the unit out and remove the bottom back panel of the unit and see if the compressor is running, most times on that unit the issue is going to be the compressor relay on the main board has failed so the compressor is not starting. The board can be replaced, I have listed the replacement part below:

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: WR55X10942 - click here

Here is a video that shows how to replace the board - click here for video

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
if I am going to buy the board and install it and still not working, are you respond to continue for helping me?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
because I have replaced the board two years ago, That is why I do not think it is the board problem.

yes I will continue to help you, but If the board is not bad and the compressor is still not running then there is not much I can do to help you because that would mean the compressor is bad and that is not a do it yourself repair.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?