Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have a Maytag Atlantis Model # MDG7400AWW and it is hooked

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Atlantis Model # MDG7400AWW and it is hooked up to LP. We ran out of gas, I replaced gas, now dryer heats up as normal then runs for about 1 minute then stops heating.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: did you get the above post?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Last time I used this service I got no answer at all
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I believe I'm supposed to have a credit
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 22 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If the dryer is starting and heating at first and then quits heating and keeps running then coils are faulty and need replacing.

Dryer Valve Coil Kit

Part #: 279834 - click here

The coils are located on the burner and just need to be unscrewed and unplugged and then replaced in the same fashion, very easy repair.

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?