Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have an LG Tromm that keeps triping the breaker whenever the

Customer Question

Have an LG Tromm that keeps triping the breaker whenever the heating cycle is used
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: LG Tromm : DLE2515S, not sure on age
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I may. It is at a relatives house in FL who is terminally ill. May make a trip there to help. Sorry for the long story
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It works on air cycle and the breaker has been replaced
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of your relative's illness, I know how hard that is for everyone involved.

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

If the machine only trips the breaker on a heat cycle, the issue is likely to be a short in the heater circuit, either with the wiring between the control and the element or the element itself. The element is most likely to be at fault.

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number F110 is the element assembly. It can be tested with a meter but if you have to travel to it, I would order it and take it with you. I can likely find you a video on how to replace it, too. Is this something you are wanting to undertake?

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The element has already been replaced and it still trips the breaker
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Okay, so it has to be something before the element. Since the element comes with the thermostats and wiring, that pretty much only leaves the main control board or the wiring between the control and the element harness.

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

It is most likely to be the control. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number A130 is the power board. It is accessed by removing the main top.

CLICK HERE

Unfortunately, that control is showing as no longer available, see the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. I guess it is time to replace. Is there any way to rule out the breaker again?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Sure, by measuring the current draw, but it will require a clamp on ammeter. Usually, if the breaker is at fault, the wiring will show signs of distress, like melting or discoloration.