Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher is leaving my glasses dull and there is a

Customer Question

My dishwasher is leaving my glasses dull and there is a stain where the dishwasher liquid is running down the door.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Sorry, I'm at work and I do not know the model. I have not run a diagnostic test cycle.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping I could but maybe its not an easy fix.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, just what I said it was doing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

What brand of dishwasher is this and how old is it since you don't have the model number?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
borsch, about 6 years old
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

OK so the first thing you want to do is put 4 glasses in the top rack (one in each corner) facing upwards with no other dishes in the dishwasher. Start a cycle and wait 15 minutes. Open the door and are all the glasses filling up with water? If not, then make sure you're getting enough water in the dishwasher to cover the floor or you might have low water pressure or need a new electronic water valve. Other than that if you're getting enough water and the glasses are filling up then you'll want to try to clean out the holes on the bottom and top wash arm with a tooth pick and replace the circulation problem if the problem continues.

Now if the glasses are filling up with water, either the dishwasher isn't heating or the dispenser isn't opening and closing at the correct times so you'd need to run a cycle and open the door when the cycle finishes. If steam doesn't come flooding out of the dishwasher, you need a new control board because it's not heating the dishwasher properly. If you do get a lot of steam, replace the dispenser.

Also, I recommend using Cascade powder and Jet Dry Turbo for best results. And you can run an empty cycle to clean out your dishwasher once a year with a product called Dishwasher Magic which you can pick up at Lowes if you wanted.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?