Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Whirlpool refrigerator Esf26c3exw01 Replaced the fill valve

Customer Question

Whirlpool refrigerator
Esf26c3exw01
Replaced the fill valve
Getting water to chilled water dispenser in door but not to ice maker
Foiled ice maker with water and it makes and ejects ice
Jumped the module from the "v" & "l" slots/holes to get water to ice maker and it still does not work
Checked both fill valves for power and continuity and all were good
Blew out the line from valve up to ice maker and it's clear
The chilled water dispenser has good water pressure
What would be a reason I'm not getting water to ice make
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

We know the water works, the valve is new and the line clear. We know the ice maker has power as it cycles when manually filled. If you jumped L to V and still not getting water, it has to be an issue with the wiring from the ice maker or the control head contacts. I suspect the control head is at fault. Did you happen to check the wiring at the door connection for issues?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would that be at the bottom of the freezer door where the water line comes up through the door?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

It may be there or at the upper door hinge.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I took the bottom front trim off. There are three connections, two with four wires and one with the. They are all connected. The two four wire connections are on the left and the three wire connection is on top right
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Okay, no issues like corrosion or the pins pulling from the Molex plugs?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No corrosion All looked ok
Is there a way I can check the control module contacts?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Wire?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

If you jumped L to V and got no water (and voltage was at ice maker), then the control head is faulty.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok
We will try that
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I will get you a link to that part, please allow me just a minute, please.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question do you still need assistance?