Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool oven that has a blank display. You can

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool oven that has a blank display. You can push buttons and they beep, however oven does not work . Also the light comes on this double oven when you push that button.
Model rbd245pds14
Ser. xs710675
Than you !
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

On this oven, the touchpad plugs directly into the display board to receive power which means that the display board is definitely getting power since the buttons still beep. Unfortunately that means your display board has just failed. Try to flip the breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset and if that doesn't work you just need a new display board which costs about $365. Below is a link to the part for your model if you wanted to fix the issue yourself.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?