Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Hopefully... I have a jean-air dishwasher and it gets stuck

Customer Question

hopefully... I have a jean-air dishwasher and it gets stuck on normal wash and runs forever until you turn it passed that point
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: jenn-air model jdb651awp
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok...
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

For some reason my reply never came through I was asked if the normal wash button is blinking:?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its a dial. There is no normal wash button. The lights are Heat delay, delay start, and clean. None are blinking.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok I was just trying to see if there was an error displaying. Are you controls working when your trying to use them. Possibly we can send it into diagnostics to figure out whats going on.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
everything about the dishwasher works, the dial just gets stuck on normal wash and you have turn to manually turn it passed that when it gets stuck.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't think theres an electrical issue, I think the dial just gets hung up instead of turning like a timer is supposed to
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So I think the problem is the dial needs replaced. Nothing else indicates anything else is wrong. Let me see if I can locate that part for you so you can put a new one in.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Well I tried to find your timer knob but unfortunately its been discontinued and no longer sold. You can try checking out ebay or local repair shops the part number is #99001318. It is what you will need to be able to get this to function right.

I do however hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate me with 5 stars at the top. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me at any time.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you know how difficult it is to replace?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

It should just pull out and the new one slide on. Its not difficult at all.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that part number is ***** the plastic knob itself. What is it for the whole dial.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/c31-x6a6462363531617770/Jdb651awp-Knob-Dial-Button-Parts

These are all the parts for the dial assembly. With part numbers.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, those are just 3 parts that are not related.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the plastic knob fits on a metal peg that rotates. The component that the metal rod goes into is what needs to be replaced. Do you have that part number?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

One moment.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

99001319 part number but again unavailable

http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/M0407339-00004.png

Number 5 on diagram.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. Number 11 on the diagram. What is its number?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WP99002206/0022/465.html

I am sorry about that. I mixed myself up. Either way I have found this part available and its the one for your unit.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

If there is nothing else you need please rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up with you and see if there was anything else you need on this issue?