Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

Our Kenmore Elite Steam Dryer, Models: 796.6927#, 796.7927#

Customer Question

Our Kenmore Elite Steam Dryer, Models: (###) ###-####,(###) ###-#### (according to booklet),
will not turn off, has no heat, door can be closed & run without POWER switch ON, nor the
START button being ON. We have checked the vent outside, lint filter (always cleaned after each load), & have also scrubbed the lint filter with soap & water. The duct work has also
been properly installed. Can you help with this? Thanks.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 21 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
open the dryer door the full model number will be on the dryer face frame .

And the full number will be 10 digits long

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I pressed the "Call me" icon to see if it had your phone number, but it did not. Instead your company is now telling me that I owe you $24, which I WILL NOT pay! So, I'm again writing to you instead. The model # shows 11 digits, not 10, but here it is: 796.69272000. Thanks for your time, but we've decided to get rid of the Sears dryer & definitely NEVER buy a Sears product again! Is there any other information you need from me about this issue?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I would like to finish up this issue today, 10/4/2016, if possible. Thank you!

thank you!

This is a newer unit that has 11 digits.

I did not see a phone request come up for you.

You will need to contact Just Answer for that issue.

I work from my own office out of a different state then Just Answer.

As for the dryer you have a bad relay on the main control board .

The control board will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

if you have any questions just reply back to me.