Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Issue with a drip after installing new filter. Drip is a the

Customer Question

issue with a drip after installing new filter. Drip is a the dispenser, not the filter
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sure
Kitchen Aid KBFA25ERBL01
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you! Did you run a gallon or two of water at the door after installing the new filter to purge the air from the system?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just About a gallon, it's hard to get it fully to the spout, but I can run more.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I would run another gallon and see if it improves. Dispense until the stream is steady and does not sputter at all. Let me know what happens after, please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
air can cause the leak? It's not sputtering, but I can run another gallon.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Yes, if air is in the line, it will allow the water to drip at the dispenser, kind of like a siphon. If, after running another gallon, it still leaks, the water inlet valve's diaphragm has likely failed and is not shutting off. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ran another gallon and used a papertowel to make sure no more water was dripping. Going back now to see if I notice any more drops.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** has stopped!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
was just a few minor drops when I checks, I used a papertowel again to get any excess and tapped a few times to see if anymore was coming out. Not really, but if I pressed up a little I did see a small amount and then now more.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
seem if you use it it drips a few times. Perhaps another gallon may help?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

It may help to run a bit more. Is the pressure pretty good at the dispenser when you dispense?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
pressure is good, yes.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You don't think there's anything at the spout that needs to be tightened?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just checked again and touched the bottom of the spout with papertowel, a little drop came out.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I suspect it is just residual dripping. After you stop dispensing, does it drip only once or twice and then not drip again until you dispense again?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
should I expect a few drops after dispensing? would just a little moisture on the tip be normal?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
not dripping like before, but if I put another papertowel to it it gets a little moist. but nothing major.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Yes, it is not abnormal to get a drip or two after the valve shuts off. If, however, it continues to drip, I would replace the water inlet valve.

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how do I get additional help with this current issue if it still continues?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

You just follow a link from your email and it will bring you right back here! There is no time limit and this will not close so that you are not able to post back. Thank you, Karl!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just checked again and it's still dripping
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hmm, sounds like the valve will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to get that information prepared for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is this at the spout?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

No, the valve is mounted in the back of the cabinet, at the very bottom.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok, I see the site and video. one last question for now, how could that piece all of a sudden go bad by just replacing the filter?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

There may be "gunk" that has gotten in the valve from your water line after running so much water through at one time, it is hard to say.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks, I'll monitor it over night (seems to be fairly stable right now) and if I'm swimming in the kitchen tomorrow, i'll order and replace the part. Seems like I can expect a few drops after every use at this point.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Yes, a few drops right after dispensing would not be unexpected. Also, if there is construction in your neighborhood, you may see air in the line from open lines in the area. Let me know if it gives you trouble!