Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do you remove the wash plate on an LG WT4801CW

Customer Question

how do you remove the wash plate on an LG WT4801CW
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

To access and remove the wash plate, you'll need to hinge the top panel straight up and backwards. There are 2 hidden spring clips below the top panel inside the crease between the top panel and the front panel of the washer. Use a putty knife to slide into the crease and push these spring clips backwards. The top panel will then hinge up and backwards. Below is a video that shows you how to do this and it starts at 4:35 on how to remove the wash plate.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that is not my wash plate . I did exactly as the guy in the video and after he removes the center cap and retaining bolt lift out the wash plate. mine will not lift out
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

That is exactly how your unit comes apart so if the wash plate won't come out after doing everything like the video shows, then it's just stuck---it's that simple. Not everything is as easy as intended but you'll have to try to wiggle and pry on it and remove it because there is nothing else holding it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please call. that is not my washer in that video. the wash plate looks different also. the holes in my wash plate go around the outside edge
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

I know the wash plate looks different, but the process to remove it is the EXACT same.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've pulled on it with everything I got. and also just to let you know I did the little putty knife thing lie you said to pop the front open and it hinges backwards. well there are 2 screws in mine in the back and mine doesn't hinge like that so maybe you better do a little more research before you give your so called useless advice. I can't believe I payed 28 dollars for that. I already seen that video on you tube FOR FREE. WTF
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1 more thing when I pull up on the wash plate the whole inner tup pulls up as well so u can't tell me that is all you have to do.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't wait to write a review. totally a wast. all you guys do is refer you to a YouTube video that with a little bit of searching you can find that yourself FOR FREE. SMH!!!!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

I can't control how this washer comes apart. I have certainly told you everything that needs to be done. If you feel it's a waste then call a technician out and he'll do exactly as I have already told you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry but if I called a tech out he's not gonna tell me to watch some damn FREE YouTube video.... he's gonna just do it.