Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

With Keller Appliance. I have attempted to repair a

Customer Question

Hello I am Bill with Keller Appliance.
I have attempted to repair a KitchenAid Gas Range, Model # KDRS483VSS00
Prior to writing this question, I had an issue with the display showing F1E1 with a few after power is connected. The KitchenAid serviceman came to my home and at some point it was observed that the code did not show up when the left side oven door was left open. The tech assumed that must be the issue and replaced the part, however the problem persisted, and it continued to only work while the left side door was open. I asked the serviceman if he would finally replace the twin appliance control boards, KitchenAid called back and cancelled our service arrangement. Why would this machine work with one door open but not when shut and why did replacing the door switch not fix the issue. Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Normally that issue would be a bad door switch or grounding issue on the door latch circuit. I would have the door switch checked and the wiring checked for a ground problem.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I did replace the left door switch, the right oven will only work when the left oven door is open. Now what?

We did also replace both appliance manager control boards.

Have you tried to disconnect the door switches and see if it will work?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I dont think so, will check, how would we check for a grounding issue on the door switch circuit.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Disconnect the door switches and see if it works first