John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I just replaced the bearings and shaft on my Cabrio washing

Customer Question

I just replaced the bearings and shaft on my Cabrio washing machine. I put it on a clean machine cycle to clean it out before using and it ended up with a sb error code. I can't get it to finish any cycle without going to that code. Now the magnetic thing on the bottom of the washer is really hot and smells. Any idea what is possibly wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Wtw6500ww1

Thank you the error code is a Sd for suds.

Sd is displayed when the machine/motor control, by analyzing drag on the basket, detects a suds-lock condition, and is steady on while the control then runs a mini-clean out cycle. If the clean out cycle is unable to correct the over-sudsing problem, the cycle ends and Sd flashes in the display.

This may signify: ➔ Load is bunched or twisted around agitator. ➔ Excessive detergent usage. ➔ Basket cannot engage during drain step. ➔ Mechanical friction on drive mechanism, not allowing basket to engage.

So since you just replaced the bearings .

Check the pressure switch hose and the re-installation of the inner basket and agitator .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I be able to hand spin the agitator? It does not move for me. The pressure hose looked fine

No you should not be able to spin the agitator by hand!1

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Everything seems to be fine with the inner basket and agitator as far as I can tell. What else should I be looking for?

You check both ends of the pressure switch hose? one end on the tub the other on the control board in the console.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Everything looks fine

ok and if was working fine before you took the unit apart?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

ok so if the pressure switch is not dislodged then it has to be something about the way you put it back together.

It is possible that the electronic control has a issue but very unlikely.

as for the magnetic thing on the bottom of the washer are you talking about the motor stator?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?