Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I HAVE A JENN-AIR REFRIG/FREEZER MDL.JRSD2490T WHICH IS A

Customer Question

I HAVE A JENN-AIR REFRIG/FREEZER MDL.JRSD2490T WHICH IS A FEW YEARS OLD. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WATER FREEZING INTO A LARGE BLOCK OF ICE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE FREEZER. THE ICE MAKER IS CUT OFF. WHAT CAUSES THIS AND WHERE IS THE WATER COMING FROM. WATER ALSO COMES OUT FROM UNDER THE UNIT ONTO THE FLOOR. HOW DO I FOX THIS?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

This is a very common yet easily solved problem, not to worry! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Behind the rear wall, inside the freezer, there is a defrost drain that has frozen up with ice. The defrost water is not being allowed to drain to the condensate pan below the cabinet. If you remove the rear panel from inside the freezer, you will find the drain at the very bottom of the aluminum cooling coil. Once that drain has been thawed (use only hot water, nothing sharp) you will have no more water leaking to the freezer floor!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!