John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Admiral refrigerator ref. side not cooling, Admiral 26 in.

Customer Question

Admiral refrigerator ref. side not cooling
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Admiral 26 in. side by side 12858134
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The frig. has been acting up about 2 mo. now the temp. on ref. side is 60 degrees
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

And can I get the full model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?