Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My table top Panasonic microwave has power. The problem

Customer Question

My table top Panasonic microwave has power. The problem seems to be the latch, sometimes it is usable, but more often not.
How do I repair it?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

Unfortunately WD40 and plastic don't work well together. The oil is so thin that it actually causes plastic to stick worse. You'll need to take the microwave apart and clean all the plastic with white vinegar. Then you can remove the push button and rub the outside with Vasaline and that should make a big difference. If it still tends to stick, the push button will just need to be replaced and on a table top unit parts probably aren't sold separately since Panasonic intends for these units to be throw-away type units.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?