Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an Admiral ATW4675YQ1 washer and it will not spin. It

Customer Question

I have an Admiral ATW4675YQ1 washer and it will not spin. It will agitate and go through the cycle, but it will not spin . The pump seems to be working fine and the motor sounds like it is trying to spin, but the tub just isn't spinning. The lid lock seems to be working fine. Just trying to figure out what could be causing the tub not to spin - any ideas ?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is an Admiral ATW4675YQ1 - I think It is about 2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is easy enough
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was working fine a couple of days ago - then it just decided it would not spin. I put it through a cycle and it went right through the cycle as normal, but at the spin cycle the tub just wouldn't spin , although it sounded like it should have been spinning. I am thinking it was the motor making the noise.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thanks Tyler
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

So to be clear the washer completely finishes the cycle even though it won't spin correct? It doesn't stop at some point and start flashing the lid lock light?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
When I ran it through the cycle, it did not this time. I had seen this before, but not when I ran it through the full cycle this time.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
The cycle never stopped completely
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

If the washer never finishes and stops completely and never starts flashing and error code, you have a bad control board and the control board would need to be replaced. If the washer runs through the entire cycle but just doesn't spin, you have a bad transmission.

If it stops and the lid lock light starts flashing that means the washer is detecting an error and a number of things can cause that.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.