Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kenmore range model # 911935212. We had a power

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore range model ####-##-#### We had a power outage and now when I went to use the oven. I get an error message "door" and the oven will not turn on. I moved the lock mech back and forth. Still same error, even tried unplugging the unit.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 20 years old, #9119352192
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really, it has always worked good, til now
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 24 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 24 days ago.

If you keep getting "door" error even those the oven isn't latched, then unfortunately the power outage shorted out the display control board itself. The issue is that the display board is part number WB27K5074 which is no longer made since the unit is 20 years old, so if you wanted to fix the issue you'd have to send the old display board into a place like to have the board refurbished. That typically costs about $200 and takes 2 weeks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
ok, thanks much.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 24 days ago.

No problem and sorry about the bad news. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else then just let me know.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?