Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Frigidaire dish washer will not srart when we press the

Customer Question

My Frigidaire dish washer will not srart when we press the start button.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Where is the model number?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No I am not a technician.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The dishwasher is not very old and I think it is under the warranty.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Is the dishwasher less than a year old by chance? And if you press any other button other than the start button do they respond? Can you still change all the different cycles and settings like normal?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I press either the light,heavy, or normal the light comes on.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK so you either have a bad touch control panel where the start button has failed, or the door latch has failed and doesn't think the door is shut. To know which is faulty, turn the control panel off so no lights are on. Press the start button. If the control panel doesn't respond at all and won't light up, you need a new touch control panel. If the control panel lights up when you press start but won't start a cycle, you need to replace the door latch. If the unit is less than a year old the repair will be covered under warranty so call warranty, otherwise you'd need to replace the part yourself or call a technician out to replace the faulty part.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?