Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

Refrigerator-freezer... I am trying to set my freezer at the

Customer Question

Refrigerator-freezer... I am trying to set my freezer at the recommended temp and it will not hold... It keeps going back up to 18 degrees rather than any number from -14F Model # RB215lash... Thank you...
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 20 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Are you aware that once you set a desired temperature that the display will default back to the actual temperature and the control board will slowly raise or lower the temperature and the display will follow those raised or lowered temps?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
OK now it is down to 0 It is fluctuating Should I just leave it alone? Not sure when it will stabilize and don't know why it was up to 22

Yes just leave it the temps and display should stabilize in about 24 hours from you adjusting the temps .

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Need to wait 24 hrs to see if the freezer temp will stabilize Right now still fluctuating but I did push a lot of buttons yesterday when it was up to 22 degrees...

yes anytime you change the temp setting you should wait 24 hours for the unit to reach those set temps .

And of course each time you ope the doors and allow warm air in will add to that time also.

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 17 days ago.

Do you still need assistance with your question?