Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My maytag dishwasher wont lock or stay closed it will run

Customer Question

my maytag dishwasher wont lock or stay closed it will run even if door open
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i cannot find a model number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: continuously running wont turn off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

YOu need to replace the door latch on the unit or try and retrip the latch mechanism. if you have a hook tool like this CLICK HERE you can reach in to the latch behind the tripped latch hook in the center of the mechanism and pull straight back to trip it open again and it should work...if not replace the latch assembly.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i tripped it And it stopped running now i have blinking at same time light on start,auto clean ,steam and dry flashing if i close it will it likely get stuck or should it reset off?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are u there?

Just close it, it should run fine then