Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

REFRIGERATOR - CLEANING / REPAIR We have a GE Profile

Customer Question

REFRIGERATOR - CLEANING / REPAIR
We have a GE Profile stainless steel refrigerator in our apartment in Brooklyn, inherited from a previous owner (single-door refrigerator with lower freezer drawer). It is a high quality appliance, sitting within a niche in custom cabinetry built around it.
The problem is as follows: from time to time, it reverses the air flow, blowing warm (even hot) air into the upper refrigerator. I expect this is a simple issue of the hot air exhaust vent being block by dust / dirt and needing a clean out. However, because there is some amount of work involved with removing the appliance to do cleaning, I wanted to request your diagnosis and advice in advance.
Thank you.
Ben ************
phone: ***************
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

It should never get warm in the refrigerator. It sounds like there is a problem with the electronic control keeping the defrost heater on.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?