Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

We purchased a display model from Lowe's. The lights and

Customer Question

We purchased a display model from Lowe's. The lights and temperature display (thermostat) work fine however the refrigerator won't kick on and cool. We've checked everything according the manual.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It's a Bosch B22ct80SNS01 and it looks almost new. Just a couple of minor blemishes on the outside.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I am able.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've called Lowe's and they have suggested we contact a repairman.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you today. Do you happen to hear the fans and or compressor running in the back?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. When I change back and forth between On/Off there is a brief time when it sounds like things are going to begin working and then it stops. No sound at all after that.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

It is a possibility that your unit is still in demo mode since its a display model give me just a moment to check to see how to change that.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Try unplugging the unit and plugging it back in to see what happens?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Same result. Thermostat and panel make noise and eventually stop. No motor or fans begin. Display indicates it is on. Temperature readings begin at the pre-set temps (0/38) and then show current temps.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I am currently going through your service manual to see how to change this just so you dont think I have forgot about you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've read through the manual and read everything I can online to see if there is a "demo" setting. Not having any luck.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

There is a demo setting on all models im going through a service manual which is different from the owners manual. Just bare with me please.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Do you happen to see anything on there that says sabbath on the control panel?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

or eco?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is a "Holiday"
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok so that means vacation mode. one moment please

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Switching off the [vacation]

1. Select [vacation] function until

a triangle is displayed.

2. Switch off by pressing the “–”

selection button (function is no

longer framed).

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

This will be the cause of your problem and at the end of the day you did not need to call in an expensive repair man. I hope you found this information helpful and will be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top if this solves your problem. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. Congrats on your new purchase.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Vacation was never on. I did, however, turn it on and back off again. There were no triangles or other choices.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I thought you were saying holiday was selected. Ok well in that event then I will open this up to other experts for other ideas because I am unable to find information in removing demo mode.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay. Thank you.