John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Every few days I find a puddle of water on the floor under

Customer Question

Every few days I find a puddle of water on the floor under the left front corner of my refrigerator. Sometimes I go for a week or so without finding water on the floor. In an attempt to find this leak, I recently cleaned the coils and thoroughly inspected the inlet water filter and line, with no sign of a leak anywhere underneath. When this puddle is on the floor, I check underneath with a powerful light and see no sign of where this water is coming from. GE Profile 26.6 Model #TFX27PFXA
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model #TFX27PFXA - Double door (freezer on left)) with icemaker and water on the freezer door. - 20 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am a mechanical engineer with full capability of repairing anything I own.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Tell me where you think the leak is coming from.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 21 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 21 days ago.

If you remove the bottom basket inside the freezer is there any ice on the base there?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
No, it is dry and the drain is not clogged.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Do not call me. The pricing on this service is deceptive and I will now exit and find my answer elsewhere as I report this to the BBB.