Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Frigidaire model GLHS37EHSB7 side by side refrigerator is

Customer Question

Frigidaire model GLHS37EHSB7 side by side refrigerator is getting warm on front under freezer door seal
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

If the frame where the door seal connects is getting hot, it means that your yoder loop is heating up because the compressor is overheating. Pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Clean the coils next to the condenser fan motor and make sure the fan motor is running. If it's not running then replace it because this is what cools the compressor. Other than that if the fan is running and the coils are clean but the front frame still gets too hot, your compressor is starting to go out and it's hard to know how much longer you have before it fails completely.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?