Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

I tried to fix part of my microwave and ended up messing up

Customer Question

I tried to fix part of my microwave and ended up messing up another part. I was looking for where the door tension spring was located and I removed some screws on the front panel and the door latch fell further back than the screws will reach now I have two Problems. BOO.
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I have a Kitchen Aid Supera Mod #: KEHC309JSS06 I was told by a parts store that the parts numbers I need are #4452398 and #4452395 but I dont see any instructions anywhere online to access those.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have been unsuccessful in finding any instructions on how to do it myself. Especially now that I have messed up anther part.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the part I messed up is the upper left Microwave door latch. I removed the top 2 screws and the latch mechanism fell backwards and will not pull forward correctly into place. That will also need to be fixed now. Any help is appreciated.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Here are some photos to help. You notice the right side is in the correct position the left side has fallen back. :(
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 23 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. I have located a manual that helps break down what each part is and where it goes as well as part numbers for the particular part.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 23 days ago.

Here is another diagram with part listings and where they are.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I have google. I was able to find that also. But that doesn't show me how to actually fix the problem? It just shows the part breakout. Can you give me any more useful information? Instructions on how to fix my current problem?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 23 days ago.

I did not retrieve this off of google but off over the service manual but I will open this up to other experts to see if anyone else can assist you.