applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.

I have a GE dryer GFDN240 that will not heat up all the way.

Customer Question

I have a GE dryer GFDN240 that will not heat up all the way. I have replaced heating element and main board but still only outer element heats up. I have cleaned all vents. What do I do next? Please help!!
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 26 days ago.
Hi. Have you checked voltage at back of dryer? Did you ohm out the thermostats on back around element?
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Ok. You should have 120 vac coming from the board and 120 vac coming from the motor. Isolate motor side and check voltage.
Sounds like you are only getting 110vac and need 220vac
You have already replaced the board, so has to be on motor side
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
How do I check the motor side? The motor is working
Trace wires from motor to heating element. Motor runs, but has to send voltage to element. There is a switch in the motors that sends power to the element
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
OK the blue wire on the heating element is getting to 40 white wire out is getting nothing so for some reason the white wires not getting the 240 also which goes to the rest of the heating element I'm assuming. Is it possible to home out the thermostats on the motor and on the outer peace around the heating element I've tried home and home they both go to zero so we have continuity just no ohms
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Sorry about that talk to text did not work well. The blue wire on The heating element is getting 240v and the white wire is not getting any on voltage
Expert:  applianceguy replied 25 days ago.
Blue to white? Blue to ground?