John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I am an appliance service person....Working on a SAMSUNG

Customer Question

I am an appliance service person....Working on a SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR model number RF197ACRS.....the freezer motor not working but the motor is good. Is it a sensor or board. Do you have the FAST TRACK sheet so I can do diagnostic check

Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 22 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

My first question would be is the fan getting any voltage to it at all?

and unfortunately this is a Canadian model so I do not have access to the service manual for the unit for the tech sheet or fast track sheet as you called it.

And does the servicer have the door switch closed for the freezer section?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.

Because the fan is good I TESTED It means I am not getting voltage. that does not mean much since voltage is applied as needed. the question is that the board is not telling the fan to go but it could be a $300 board or a $6.00 sensor. A diagnostic would tell me but for that I need a tech sheet because Samsung does not provide one.

If you ohmed the fan mot for continuity Yes that means the fan is good but that in NO way tells me if the fan motor is getting voltage to it or what the amount of voltage it is getting to it!!

and I asked about the door switch because on some models when the door is opened the fan is turned off .

Customer: replied 22 days ago.

I know that fan motor is getting no voltage. I don't know why. that is why I need the tech sheet to do a diagnostics, honestly one cant do much with out it. Thanks for your trouble. I will search on line for the tech sheet

no problem ,good luck

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 19 days ago.

I have a samsung service manual but its not for your particular model but it may help. Typically diagnostics codes and test methods run the same on samsung units.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks some one from there already helped me out.