Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My dryer a GE dbvh512ef0ww, the blower is not making any

Customer Question

My dryer a GE dbvh512ef0ww, the blower is not making any noise and the drum is not moving I recently took it apart to change the front drum bearing
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: the model is dbvh512ef0ww yes I checked the thermostat, and door switch all have proper continuity
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: when turning on the dryer it flashes clean lint trap and just has a count down timer the lint trap is competely clean, and I cleand the lint trap contacts
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 17 days ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 507 is a thermal fuse. I suspect that fuse may be open. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I do and the continuity checked good, 506 failed and ordered.. just waiting for it to arrive.
Expert:  Kelly replied 17 days ago.

Number 506 is a thermistor, it is not one that you measure continuity through and would not stop the motor from heating. Did you try to measure continuity through it?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The motor does not work at all. Yes I did measure the continuity through the safety thermostat, and got nothing.
Expert:  Kelly replied 17 days ago.

Number 506 is not a safety thermostat. Number 507 is. Did you find 507 open?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
507 was closed as continuity checked good
Expert:  Kelly replied 17 days ago.

Okay, so the fuse is not the issue. Did the belt get placed back on the drum so the belt switch gets closed?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I latched to the housing of the motor made sure the belt was on telling motor, released the tensioner and was taught
Expert:  Kelly replied 17 days ago.

Okay, and you verified the belt switch was actuated? If the timer counts down, either the board has failed or there is something stopping the power between the control and the motor. That leaves the thermal fuse, belt switch and the motor thermal fuse (built into the motor).

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Also the light bulb on the door does not work, I changed the wiring harness, switch and light bulb.