Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I just ought a new Bosch dishwasher and installed it myself.

Customer Question

I just ought a new Bosch dishwasher and installed it myself. However, it is not working properly. The lights come on, starts up and then beeping starts within about 3 minutes. It does not appear to be filling up with water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one assisting you today. Did you possibly not open the water valves?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Checked twice. Water value is open
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Ok so have you made sure when you installed the water hoses there were no stoppers there to keep the water from coming in? Is the water inlet valve new?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There was an dishwasher that was removed. The shut off value was in place and I installed a new steel braided water line to the dishwasher. I did not check to see if the line had plugs in it. However, I did not remove a plug from the new washer. Does the new dishwasher usually have a plug at the inlet?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Some units do when it comes to shipping and handling of them to keep things from getting on the inside.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Wow, it looked like a screen to trap partials. I will check
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Ok let me know what you find

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I took the line off and turn the value on and got water. I checked to see if there was a plug. It does not appear to be be a plug. There is a plastic cap with a screen. Turn it back on and still no water
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Check the water supply feed line underneath the sink. If it was turned off for any reason and mistakenly left off, the dishwasher cannot fill with water, even though the unit comes on. Look for a kink in the water supply line. If you find one, shut off the water valve, and remove the hose and kinks. Reattach the water supply hose and turn on the valve.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I turn the value on and found water coming through the supply line just before the dishwasher
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Well there is nothing else I can think of that would stop the dishwasher from letting the water come in if the water is on and there is no kinks in the lines and its hooked up correctly to the dishwasher so I will open this up to other experts to see if anyone else has any ideas.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your help. I think there. Must be a problem with the value on the new dishwasher.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

That is a possibility are you referring to the water inlet valve? I was thinking the same thing.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the water inlet value on the dishwasher
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

If the unit is brand new I would take it back to the purchaser and if its used but new to you then you will need to replace the water inlet valve.