John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I had turned off my Air refrigerator for a few days to clean

Customer Question

Hi, I had turned off my Jen Air refrigerator for a few days to clean it and let it air out. After putting back the shelves and turning it doesn't get any cooler and its saying the temperature is between 91-111 degrees. :(
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model: (P) JFC2089HEP its about 5yrs+
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If i can I will give it a shot
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all I can think of It was working just fine and never had issues...until i had turned it off last week to clean it and kept it off for 5days to air it out. I had put the shelves back in yesterday and when i powered it up it didn't get cool
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 24 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. If you have not already done so, remove to power by unplugging the fridge for 10 minutes, to see if the compressor circuit will reset itself. If you have done this, tip the fridge on its side to clean any blockage in the sealed system.

If neither of these attempts get your fridge cooling again, you'll need to have the problem diagnosed by a refrigerator service person.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Hi John,Do I tip the refrigerator while its ON? and does it matter which way I tip it? will either side be ok?
Expert:  John replied 24 days ago.

Unplug the fridge, while you tip it. Either side will be fine, if it's to work at all.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Ok, i heard a series of i just leave it on now and wait?
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
the freezer cabinet seems to be getting cooler or blowing air much better. ill check it again later
Expert:  John replied 24 days ago.

OK. Thank you.