applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

Maytag MDB7749AWM2 dishwasher is not getting dishes clean. I

Customer Question

Maytag MDB7749AWM2 dishwasher is not getting dishes clean. I have disassembled and cleaned spray arms, filter screen, and chopper. Didn't find much. The sound of the water pumping seems good and strong. What do you think?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 8 months ago.
Open door after unit is running. Are the spray arms moving? How much water is in unit? Is there still food on plates when done? Or are the dishes cloudy/film?
Is your water hot when unit is done filling?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
water is hot, spray arms moving, bottom tub full, mostly cloudy-filmy (not food)
Start by cleaning the unit out with Affresh cleaning tablets. Local grocery store. Check rinse aid is full. Cut back on detergent. You are having a problem that is more about your water then your dish washer.
http://housespouse.com/make-your-dishes-shine/ There are many articles you can read on Internet about this problem. You may have to try a few things to figure out what works best for your water conditions
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is the type of thing that makes sense to me, because this machine is in very good shape. I have never opened up a dishwasher that had so little junk in it, and as I said you can hear a good strong pump action. We will try the acidic soap additive and let you know!
Sounds good. Have a good night