Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

How do I remove the freezer baskets and can I put a

Customer Question

How do I remove the freezer baskets and can I put a hairdryer to melt the ice around the evaporator moter so it will start cooking my refrigerator? when the last tech came over he removed the ice from the evaporator moter and it started working and my refigerator got cold for a few dasys and I believe it is frozen asgain and is not working even tho the service Dx on the door panel says it is ok.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how do I remove the freezer baskets from the Whirlpool refrigerator Model GI7FVCXWAOO
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

This should help you remove the freezer drawer front and the baskets inside .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSiLmJQmzEY

If you have any questions let me know