Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

If a kitchen aid refrigerator has been moved on its side

Customer Question

If a kitchen aid refrigerator has been moved on its side less than 24hrs how long do I wait to plug it in?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So you need to wait 24 hours before plugging the unit back in. That being said, there is no guarantee that the refrigerator will function properly once laid down on it's side. All you can do is wait for 24 hours and plug it in and hopefully the unit runs like normal. If not then refrigeration oil has caused a restriction and that would be quite a major repair since the heat exchanger would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?