Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Dryer wed05100vq1 is not heating. Have replace the element

Customer Question

dryer wed05100vq1 is not heating. Have replace the element and thermostat.
what else could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. Give me just a moment to pull up your information.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Can you double check that model number for me just to make sure that its correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
wed5100vq1
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please help as soon as you can. Replaced element and thermostat
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok looking into this I understand how stressful this can be, give me just a moment.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Now which thermostat did you replace? The thermal fuse or the high limit thermostat?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
both. there were 2 on the back, upper and lower
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So you replaced the high limit thermostat and the thermal fuse. I am going to send a link to you with parts for possibilities that way we can make sure what was replaced and not.

http://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHelp/How-To-Fix-A-Dryer/8-5-705680-/Whirlpool-Dryer-not-heating-WED5100VQ1

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
replaced both of them the fuse and the thermostat
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So then your problem is either the cycling thermostat or the timer has went bad unfortunately and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've already paid 28.00 and no more money!!!!!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry if the site offered you a phone call it was not from me. It automatically offers but you have not been charged for that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can you tell me what could be another cause for the dryer not getting hot since these parts have been replaced.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

You replaced the cycling thermostat and the timer as well?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
only the timer has not been replaced
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Well if you have replaced everything else then the timer is the only thing that is left to replace that can be causing the issue. Once you replace it you should not longer have this problem. When a timer goes out it doesnt tell the unit to do what its supposed to do.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thank you so much for your time. I will replaced the timer.. If I need anything else I will contact you.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Sounds good I hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top. In the event you have any follow up questions rating does not stop you from getting back to me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
not spending any more money on this dryer. going out now to buy a new dryer......................................good bye
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I certainly hope that your not upset with me. I do understand how frustrating it can be to deal with these issues but I did not cause it I was only trying to assist you in fixing it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am very unhappy with this whole process of having to pay, then wait 30 minutes to talk with someone via the internet then be more or less pressured to spend $24.00 more to talk with someone when for $28.00 I should have been able to talk with someone in the first place. And NO I don't think I was helped with the problem. So I left and bought a new GE dryer!! Never again will I own a whirlpool anything .