applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

Fix our fridge temp? Our fridge is turned to the coldest

Customer Question

Fix our fridge temp? Our fridge is turned to the coldest setting and is 48 degrees. Any idea what the problem could be? The freezer section is set at 6 (out of 9) and reads zero degrees. Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 2 months ago.
Hi what is make and model#?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Model # MZD2766GEQ, Maytag, Serial # 10715954ZK, (Revision # 10 whatever that means). Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I turned the freezer down to setting 4.5 (out of 9) and it's still just 3 degrees, which is fine. The fridge setting is still set at 9 (coldest) and is still reading 48-49 degrees, depending on where in the fridge I place the thermometer.

Look on the back wall in the freezer. Do you see frost build up? Can you hear the fan in the freezer running?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

There is no frost build-up (it's a side by side and I checked every level) and I can hear the freezer running. So freezer is working well but the cold air isn't getting to the fridge or something.

It sounds like a defrost problem. Remove back panel in freezer and check the evaporator. It has to be frozen over. The most likely cause is the defrost board in the refrigerator section. It is under the plastic cover where controls are.