Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a GE electric dryer, model # EED4600G6WW where on the

Customer Question

I have a GE electric dryer, model # EED4600G6WW where on the control panel (shows cottons, easy care and timed dry), in many of the positions of the dial when the start button is pushed, the dryer will not start. Also sometime the dryer will stop after a few minutes. I am wanting to order the necessary replacement parts and repair it myself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. Sorry your question has sat so long I am only just now seeing it. So I have a few questions for you. When you attempt to start your dryer do you hearing a humming noise?

Also do you hear an audible clicking sound when you shut the door meaning that the door lock activated?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We do not hear a humming noise when attempting to start the dryer. Not sure what you mean about an audible clicking sound, but the dryer door closes soundly. The condition is the timer will only start in a single position (which varies) and in most places on the dial will not start at all. When we continue to turn the dial, it will eventually start. Now it does not start in any position.
What part number should I order and from what site
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We do not have to open and close the dryer door for the dryer to work.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Now the dryer will not run at all.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So what has happened is your timer has failed on you and will need to be replaced. Give me a moment to pull up your part you will need to order.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Dryer-Timer/WE04X20416/3276207?modelNumber=EED4600G6WW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a8b3d850526

Part 100 on this diagram located behind the control panel area

http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/G0812176-00001.png

I hope you have found this information helpful and will provide a 5 star rating for my service. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. I am here to assist you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Found problem. Knob sleeve cracked. You were too slow to respond. Knob rotated.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I am glad to hear that all it was was your knob. I will have this question cancelled for you. I apologize about the wait time.