Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I just noticed that the red light high temperature is lite

Customer Question

I just noticed that the red light high temperature is lite on my GE upright freezer. The temp level seems to be stuck on 4 and although some of the items are frozen and the freezer still feels cold some items are thawing. The freezer is running.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was bought in 2003 or 2004 FUF 21SVARWW Ser TR182325
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If there is troubleshooting I can do, yes, but for an actual repair I need a technician
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The only thing I have noticed lately is when I ope the door the light goes out and the freezer beeps.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 23 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 23 days ago.

You either have an air flow issue or the sealed refrigeration system is low on refrigerant. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I am sorry, but this was entirely too long to wait for a response 3 days and this isn't a respsonse but another question. I have called a repair man.
Expert:  Kelly replied 23 days ago.

I understand and apologize for the delay. Would you like me to report your deposit for a refund?